TechTown Business Incubator Center (TBIC) provides customized support based on each tech startup’s unique business needs. Ideally, startups entering incubation have a business model that’s based on demonstrated customer need and a technology in the early prototype stage; or will have graduated from either the TechTown Labs Venture Accelerator or DTX Launch Detroit programs.
Incubator engagements start with a three month trial period and can be extended up to a maximum of 39 months in successive six-month periods based on client need.
Learn more about our current TBIC clients here.
Incubation provides the following services:
- Support with identifying and mapping business goals and milestones, which may include:
- Developing or refining a business model
- Technology roadmapping
- Financial projections
- Developing a funding strategy
- Assessing management team and talent needs
- Creating go-to-market strategies
- Access to TechTown mentors
- Access to the Amazon AWS Activate program
- Assistance in the navigation of Michigan’s entrepreneurial support services – introductions, connections to resources and expert advice
As a state-designated SmartZone, TechTown is uniquely able to connect technologies nearing commercial viability to early stage capital. These funds are designed to support this critical stage in the development lifecycle and prepare startups for follow-on private investment.
For more information
Wanting more details? Download this program overview.
Interested in applying? Complete this application.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.