DTX Launch Detroit
Launch Detroit is a 10-week summer accelerator for college students and recent graduates aspiring to launch a technology startup. Participants will receive an stipend of $2,500 per individual (up to $7,500 per venture team) to test out their entrepreneurial dreams.
Applications for the summer 2014 session are now open! Apply here.
Launch Detroit is a program of the Detroit Technology Exchange (DTX), a partnership between TechTown Detroit, Bizdom, Invest Detroit and the Detroit Creative Corridor Center. It is supported by the Michigan Economic Development Corp.’s Michigan Strategic Fund and the New Economy Initiative for Southeast Michigan.
The program will cover:
- Searching for a business model
- Finding the right product/market fit
- Acquisition of necessary resources
- Obtaining first customers
- Developing a funding strategy
Launch Detroit’s curriculum is based on The Startup Owner’s Manual, a step-by-step business development guide written by famed serial entrepreneurs Steve Blank and Bob Dorf. Enrolled teams will be given extensive assignments in preparation for weekly workshops. They also will be directed to get out of the building and talk to potential customers to test their various hypotheses. The curriculum is augmented with business coaches and mentors, as teams attempt to validate their value proposition and business models. Other components include meet-and-greets with experienced entrepreneurs and tech start-up founders. The program will culminate in a showcase day, giving participants the opportunity to make a pitch to potential strategic partners, advisors and investors.
- Undergraduate and graduate students, or recent graduates from any Michigan college or university, seeking to launch a technology-based business. If you are a Michigan resident but attend college out of state, you are still eligible.
- Teams of at least two people are required; teams that demonstrate a complementary skill set or include members with different majors or from different departments or schools are likely to receive more favorable consideration
- Must be able to make a full-time commitment to the 10-week program
Applications for the summer 2014 session will be accepted through March 28. Click here to apply!
For more information
Questions? Please email email@example.com.