DTX Launch Detroit
Applications for DTX Launch Detroit’s summer accelerator are now open! Apply here.
Come to our info session on Wednesday, February 24, from 6:00-8:00 pm to learn more. We’ll even provide the pizza. Please register here.
DTX Launch Detroit is an intensive 10-week summer accelerator for college students and recent graduates aspiring to launch a technology startup. Participants will receive a stipend of $2,500 per individual (up to $7,500 per venture team) to test out their entrepreneurial dreams.
The program covers
- Exploring markets
- Developing business models
- Identifying potential customers
- Formulating a robust value proposition
- Assessing go-to market approaches
- Meeting community partners, including potential investors
- Perfecting investor pitches … and more
Launch Detroit follows the Lean Startup approach, a step-by-step business development method popularized by famed serial entrepreneurs Steve Blank and Bob Dorf. Enrolled teams will be given extensive assignments in preparation for weekly workshops. They also will be directed to get out of the building and talk to potential customers to test their various hypotheses. The curriculum is augmented with guest speakers, business coaches and mentors, as teams attempt to validate their value proposition and business models. Other components include meet-and-greets with experienced entrepreneurs and tech start-up founders. The program will culminate in a showcase day, giving participants the opportunity to make a pitch to potential strategic partners, advisers and investors.
- Undergraduate and graduate students, or recent graduates from any Michigan college or university, seeking to launch a technology-based business. If you are a Michigan resident but attend college out of state, you are still eligible.
- Teams of at least two people are required; teams that demonstrate a complementary skill set or include members with different majors or from different departments or schools are likely to receive more favorable consideration
- Must be able to make a full-time commitment to the 10-week program
Applications for the summer 2016 session are open! Click here to apply.
For more information
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
DTX Launch Detroit is a program of the Detroit Technology Exchange (DTX), a programmatic partnership between TechTown Detroit, Bizdom, Invest Detroit, the Detroit Creative Corridor Center, the Henry Ford Innovation Institute, NextEnergy and Techstars Mobility, driven by Detroit, is designed to recruit and groom talent for tech entrepreneurship opportunities and convert innovative technologies into Detroit-based startups. It is supported by the Michigan Economic Development Corp.’s Michigan Strategic Fund and the New Economy Initiative for Southeast Michigan.