Boots-On-The-Ground Research: DTX Launch Grad Chris Lum
Want to pitch your brilliant business for a chance to win at least $1,500 and business training from TechTown? Nominate to pitch at Startup SOUP on Friday, Aug. 3. Nominations close Sunday, July 1.
Startup SOUP provides an entrepreneurial twist on the established, highly-popular crowd-funding model. To host the event, TechTown has partnered with Detroit SOUP, a micro-granting dinner that funds creative projects in Detroit.
To be eligible for Startup SOUP, nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Nominees must have registered their business with the state (LLC, etc.)
- Businesses may or may not have formally launched but must be in the pre-revenue phase
- Businesses must be based in Southeast Michigan (Wayne, Washtenaw, Oakland and Macomb counties
A panel of judges will select finalists to present at Startup SOUP. Each finalist will have five minutes to explain their business and field questions from event attendees. Attendees then enjoy soup, discuss the businesses and vote for their favorite.
- $1,500, generously donated by our sponsors, Hennessey Capital and Huntington Bank
- Door kitty ($5 per person at the door)
- Five workshop vouchers from TechTown, expires August 2013
- Two workshop vouchers from TechTown, expires August 2013
Startup SOUP will be held at 5:30 p.m., Friday, Aug. 3, at 2051 Rosa Parks Blvd., Detroit. Click here to register.
Questions? Contact Diane Love-Suvada at (313) 483-1302 or firstname.lastname@example.org.