By Jaunice Kellar, Financial Strategist
National Small Business Week
Hosted by the Small Business Association (SBA), National Small Business Week is a celebration that recognizes and honors the contributions of America’s entrepreneurs and small business owners. With an emphasis on local shopping and supporting local entrepreneurs, it highlights the role small businesses contribute to the nation’s economy. The week is always observed the first week of May, and will be held this year May 1-7, 2022. There are many events held around the state and country to provide education, grants and awards to small businesses.
The following links provide more information about programs and events happening in Michigan.
sba.gov: National Small Business Week (sba.gov)
score.org: National Small Business Week 2022 | SCORE
Michigan Celebrates Small Business: The 18th Annual Awards Gala will be held on May 3 at the Breslin Center
Ring Central Small Business Contest: The 2022 Small Business Week Contest: Enter to win $5000 | RingCentral
Prepping for Small Business Week 2022 | Fast Capital 360®: How to Celebrate It (and Capitalize, Too)
How can you get involved in National Small Business Week?
- Use social media to share your story of how you started your business and why. Use hashtags #SmallBusinessWeek #MySmallBizWhy.
- Take this time to say thank you to your mentor, employees and customers by sending an email or posting on social media.
- Get the work out about National Small Business Week by sending out an email encouraging your customers to support you, and you can add a coupon for them to use.
- Partner with another business that compliments your business to promote your product or service.
- Invest in your education by taking a class or attending National Small Business Week.