PROFESSIONAL SERVICES NETWORK MANAGER
TechTown is Detroit’s entrepreneurship hub. We’re a different kind of incubator and accelerator—perhaps the only one in the country offering a full suite of programs for both tech and neighborhood small businesses. We work with businesses at all stages, helping startup, emerging and established companies develop, launch and grow. Leveraging a strong network of community partners, we deliver support services at our Midtown hub and in neighborhoods throughout Detroit. At TechTown, we don’t just accept difference; we value it and support it to create a culture of dignity and respect for our employees, clients and partners. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Members of TechTown’s Professional Services Network (PSN) offer their subject matter expertise to startups and small businesses on a wide range of topics. PSN Members donate their time or significantly reduce their rates. The PSN has developed organically, through personal and professional connections of the Tech Town Staff.
TechTown is looking to hire a Professional Services Network Manager to develop, implement and manage a program to better engage our members. Further, this role will also be responsible for managing alumni relations for our Labs, SWOT City, and Retail Bootcamp Programs.
Professional Service Network (PSN)
- Develop and Implement a cross-functional Professional Services Network Program
- Develop strategy to formally interact with prospective PSN members
- Create a collaborative recruiting and referral process
- Manage inquiries and referrals
- Launch and manage an online alumni relations portal
- Work with various internal and external customers to identify PSN skill sets and client needs
- Develop strategy for PSN Retention
- Host and attend networking events
- Develop and provide metrics for reporting purposes
- Serve as main point of communication for the PSN
- Track engagement data and program metrics
- Represent TechTown at internal and external events
- Work with the Communications team to develop recruiting and marketing materials for the PSN
Ask an Expert Program
- Manage the Ask an Expert Program and staff
- Recruit Subject Matter Experts to meet with customers and clients
- Serve as main point of contact for the experts, staff and community
- Maintain the expert database and calendar
- Plan and execute recruiting, networking and appreciation events
- Track engagement data
- Develop and maintain metrics
- Work with the Communications team to create recruiting and marketing materials for Ask an Expert
- Plan, implement and promote alumni programs, projects and events that strategically engage alumni
- Establish and build relationships with a wide range of alumni–locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally
- Secure commitments from alumni to provide professional expertise and volunteer service
- Collaborate with colleagues to create and maintain pathways for alumni participation that advance the goals of the organization.
- Maintain regular communication with alumni via direct contact, email, and via other strategic initiatives.
- Create and maintain an alumni database
- Educate graduating students about alumni benefits and engage them in programs
- Collaborate closely with the development team in increasing support from alumni
- Attend internal and external events
- A minimum of four years of project management experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, together with the ability to work collaboratively
- A minimum of five years sales and marketing experience.
- A minimum of two years of experience in alumni relations and external affairs
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- A minimum of three years experience utilizing Adobe, Microsoft Products, and database solutions
- A minimum of three years of staff management
This is Full Time (40-hours a week) position.
Please send a resume and cover letter, including salary expectations via the TechTown Job Portal.
Compensation is competitive with national industry averages and dependent on experience. In addition, TechTown offers a generous benefits package including full health benefits, a generous amount of time off and professional development opportunities.
TechTown is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. TechTown does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or any other category prohibited by applicable local, state or federal law.