As a means for TechTown to remain responsive during COVID-19 TechTown has partnered with Accounting Aid Academy to create 313 STRONG. 313 STRONG is a customized support program for small businesses in Detroit, Hamtramck, and Highland Park neighborhoods. Whether you have remained open, reopened, or are determining how to best move your business forward, 313 STRONG is here to help! Our staff of passionate, skilled professionals provides one-on-one coaching to help understand, sustain and strengthen business operations in neighborhood commercial districts.
Who is a 313 STRONG Applicant
- • Detroit, Highland Park, Hamtramck neighborhood businesses
- • Business owners who can commit up to 12 hours of direct one-on-one coaching
- • Have a brick-and-mortar business with least 6 months of sales (businesses who closed and have not yet reopened due to COVID-19 are eligible)
- • Are incorporated or willing to work with our team to become incorporated
- • Are tax compliant or willing to work with our team to become tax compliant
- • Business owners, who have an established internet connection and have a phone, computer, tablet, etc. to meet virtually.
What 313 STRONG does
- • Determine priorities, define strategies and set actionable goals
- • Work with partners for tax and accounting services
- • Address issues of managing during changing times
- • Develop and refine growth plans
- • Connect to a broad network of tools and resources, including technical assistance, subject matter experts, sources of capital, and professional services
- • Provide a safe space where sensitive and sometime difficult topics are discussed, understood, and coached upon
How to get started with 313 STRONG
- • Complete the 313 STRONG interest form
- • Meet with a 313 STRONG team member and learn how the program can benefit your business
- • Complete intake form and sign participation agreement
- • Meet with your 313 STRONG coach!
313 STRONG is made possible with support from the New Economy Initiative (NEI) and its philanthropic partners, including JP Morgan Chase Foundation, William Davidson Foundation, and the Community Foundation for Southeast Michigan.