313 STRONG is a customized support program for small businesses in Detroit, Hamtramck and Highland Park neighborhoods. Whether you have remained open, reopened or are determining how to best move your business forward, 313 STRONG is here to help! Our staff of passionate, skilled professionals provides one-on-one coaching to help understand, sustain and strengthen business operations in neighborhood commercial districts.
Who is a 313 STRONG applicant
- Detroit, Highland Park, Hamtramck neighborhood businesses
- Business owners who can commit up to 12 hours of direct one-on-one coaching
- Have a brick-and-mortar business with at least 6 months of sales (businesses who closed and have not yet reopened due to COVID-19 are eligible)
- Are incorporated or willing to work with our team to become incorporated
- Are tax compliant or willing to work with our team to become tax compliant
- Business owners, who have an established internet connection and have a phone, computer, tablet, etc. to meet virtually
What 313 STRONG does
- Determine priorities, define strategies and set actionable goals
- Work with partners for tax and accounting services
- Address issues of managing during changing times
- Develop and refine growth plans
- Connect to a broad network of tools and resources, including technical assistance, subject matter experts, sources of capital and professional services
- Provide a safe space where sensitive and sometimes difficult topics are discussed, understood and coached upon
313 STRONG is made possible with support from DTE Foundation, the New Economy Initiative (NEI) and its philanthropic partners, including JP Morgan Chase Foundation, William Davidson Foundation, and the Community Foundation for Southeast Michigan.