- Free parking/bike racks
- Swipe card access to the building or with mobile pass
- Fiber Wi-Fi / unlimited printing and copying
- Meeting spaces for two to 10 people
- Video conferencing phone booth rooms
- Wellness Room *NEW*
- Recording Room – First hour free, $50 per hour after *NEW*
- Unlimited ASHE coffee and assorted tea service
- Food pop-ups
- Front desk Community Ambassadors
- Virtual events and networking opportunities
- Access to TechTown’s community of resources
Are you looking to record a podcast? Would you like to take your next Zoom meeting from some place other than the kitchen table? Do you need space to record YouTube videos? We’ve got you covered!
TechTown now has a small, comfy Recording Room on the 3rd floor of the building with items to help you be creative and productive. Use a Canon Rebel DSLR camera for virtual meetings, to record videos, interview a guest for a visual podcast, or stream live. If you need a space to take photos for your website or other projects, we have softbox studio lights, a tabletop and a variety of backdrops.
Recording Room features:
- Canon EOS Rebel T6i DSLR camera (includes photo and video capabilities)
- Blue Yeti microphone
- Laptop with audio recording/editing software
- Four photography studio lights
- Black, white and green screen fabric backdrops
- iPad with stylus for white board apps in meetings
- Living room style décor with quiet surroundings
- Can accommodate one to three people in the room
Pricing and reserving the space:
- Introductory offer: Your first hour is free, $50/hour thereafter, three hours max in a single session.
- To reserve the space, email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to book Room 327: Recording Room and provide the day and time you’ll need it. We’ll follow up with further details.
You may remember (pre-Covid) that our coworking space had a multi-purpose room available for members and tenants. Since we have a deeper understanding of the importance of mental health, TechTown has revamped the space and has officially created a Wellness Room!
Please read through the important information regarding this space:
- Purpose: To provide a space for mothers needing to pump, a space for those with religious backgrounds seeking a place to pray, or simply a space for quiet meditation and a recharge.
- Location: On our 5th floor: As you get off the elevator, it is located on the right side directly past the stairwell in a locked room titled “Wellness Room.”
- How to access it: Simply stop at the front desk, e-mail email@example.com, or call the front desk (313-879-5250) ahead of time to schedule your time. You will be asked for your name and phone number to book the room, and a Community Ambassador will provide you with the key for the space.
- This space will be booked in our system but will not be used with your credits—it’s a free amenity that we are offering our members.
The room can be booked in increments of 30 minutes up to a maximum of 1 hour.
- Massage chair
- Soft lighting
- Yoga mat
- Space for prayer and meditation
- Air purifier
- Sound machine