TechTown Business Incubation Center (TBIC) provides customized support based on each tech startup’s unique business needs. Ideally, startups entering incubation have a business model based on demonstrated customer need and a technology in the early prototype stage, or will have graduated from a tech-focused accelerator program.
Incubation provides the following services:
- Support with identifying and mapping business goals and milestones, which may include the following:
- Further developing or refining a business model
- Technology roadmapping
- Financial projections
- Developing a funding strategy
- Assessing management team and talent needs
- Creating go-to-market strategies
- Access to TechTown mentors
- Access to the Amazon AWS Activate and Microsoft BizSpark programs
- Assistance in the navigation of Michigan’s entrepreneurial support services – introductions, connections to resources and expert advice
As a state-designated SmartZone, TechTown is uniquely able to connect technologies nearing commercial viability to early stage capital. These funds are designed to support this critical stage in the development lifecycle and prepare startups for follow-on, institutional investment.
Learn more about our current TBIC clients here.
Want more details? Download this program overview.
Interested in applying? Complete this application.